About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Race Report: Round Rotherham 50 2011

Here is my race report for the Round Rotherham 50.

The Round Rotherham 50 is a stupidly long race, round Rotherham.

...and there you have it.

Mile 1 - Going strong

I mean, what else is there to say?

It was one of those races where almost every runner I met was asking ‘why?’ 

...and none of us really had an answer.
Admittedly the weather was great, the course was almost flat and surprisingly scenic, the organisation was top quality and at £13 entry fee, it was great value.
Mile 20: Taxi for Bulley!
But at the end of the day, any race that involves most of the field running for over 10 hours has to leave some serious questions about one’s sanity.

On top of that, the nausea which I normally suffer from after 10 hours of running actually arrived at 8 hours and that stopped me eating anything (just when I needed fuel the most) and almost stopped me drinking.

Mile 51: And that's before the can of Stella.
I did in fact run over 51 miles thanks to getting lost. Although, in my defence it was actually the runners I was following who got lost rather than me but it still had the same result.

Anyway... if you really want to run 50 miles then I absolutely recommend Round Rotherham... and the very best of luck

Want more information? Then click here.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment