About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Race Report: Brading 10k 17/06/2012

How better to start a holiday and to celebrate fathers day than to do a swift 10k
The competition was tough!
road race. After the choppy ferry crossing from Portsmouth on the Saturday the weather
was almost tropical. The route was undulating! I did not know the island was so hilly!
Fast finish meant official photographer missed me entirely!!

I have to admit it was not a very exciting route and a lot of it was running on A roads with the traffic (running in the same direction as the traffic, causing a pretty bad congestion problem).

Lap of honour!
The competition consisted of 72 other runners, nearly all of which were from the island, I think there were 5 runners from the mainland.

Post-race drinks!

I managed 13th place out of 73, which I felt was a respectable place, a guy from leeds I talked to prior to the race came in 4th, so a good northern performance all round I thought.

Graceful in defeat I smile for the camera with the winner!!!!
 
Not sure I would recommend it, but glad I did it.


For more information, visit the Ryde Harriers website.

Alan Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment