About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Race Report: Chester Spring 5 03/04/2013


This five-mile road race, first held in 1993, starts and finishes at the Cheshire County Sports Club playing fields. 

Mat at the Chester Spring 5 (Number 3)

The measured race route uses gently undulating country lanes, and is generally downhill for the first two miles, before a short climb at halfway eases to a gradual rise. Most of the last mile back to the finish on the playing fields is flat.


This is a nice 5 mile race which encourages a good range of club runners for a competitive 5 mile run on a Wednesday night at 7pm

I have ran this race 3 times now and have enjoyed each one, I started around mid-pack surrounded by club vests and an array of bleeping as 300 garmin watches went off...I stayed at a nice 6:30 min/mile pace holding back slightly as I wanted to stay strong all the way round where in the past I have seemed to fade a bit in the middle, anyway this seemed to work well as after the down hill start and about 3 miles in I felt quite fresh as I could see people starting to fade so I kept the pace steady for the last mile back to the sports club for a nice little time of 33:13 position 86 out of 295 which I was pleased with.


I was the first strider home...hurrah...oh and the last.. as I was on my own tonight...next year guys...

For more information, visit the website.

Mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment