About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Friday 5 July 2013

Race Report: Berryhill 10k 02/07/2013

Last night, Tuesday 3 July I ran the Berryhill 10K.  


Thanks to Sue Davis from South Cheshire Harriers and her satnav I actually made it to the race this year. As you all know last year I got lost and ended up just going home.


It was a very windy night and there was a chill in the air but several people had said “ you’ll like this race Liz” others say no you won’t is horrible. With these words ringing in my ears I decided not to listen and just go and do the run and judge for myself.

It was a three lap course all off road but there were a few paths.  My plan was to try and beat as many “W” runners as possible.  About 3 miles into the race my friend “G” Man was in front, so I asked him his name. He said “Graham and we have got to stop meeting like this”. For the next 3 miles we played cat and mouse but alas he beat me this time, yip Graham was much stronger on the hills than me.


The course is undulating and there is a drag of an off road hill which you have to do three times.  Although my time was slow for a 10K (it was hilly) and an improvement on my last race so all in all I was pleased with it.  


The cost of the race is low so there was no medal when you crossed the finishing line, only a bottle of water at the end but I would recommend it to those of you who love hills.

For more information visit the Stoke AC website.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment