About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Thursday 19 September 2013

Race Report: Gawsworth 10k 15/09/2013

Today I ran the Gawsworth 10K.  I did this race 2 years ago and thought it was a lot like our 10K race but at the time I thought ours was tougher!! 

The start line is at the entrance of Gasworth Hall and you run for about 4K on the road. You
then turned left onto the canal path and then left again onto a section of the route which was like the salt line.  The weather was drizzly rain but the wind was strong. At this point after about 30 people passing me I started to kick myself into shape and managed to pass a few people. 

The next section was like running the sandstone trail. The organisers did a brilliant job of painting bright orange paint on all the tree routes, hence no injuries on the day. After mastering this section of the route it was across a  field then onto a bridge, boy I thought our bridge was slippery last week, this one was not only slippery but it was twice the size, I counted 94 steps.   Soon I was on the last field and a nice marshal shouted we only had 400 yards to go.  I finished in 60 minutes exactly, not a great time for me, but with the conditions etc I was pleased to finish it.
 
I would recommend this race as it is very similar to ours, with not as much road running but plenty of fields. All the entrance fee goes to the village so that they can maintain repairs for the village Church.

For more information visit the website

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment