About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Sunday 20 April 2014

Kit Report: Salomon Fellraisers

Lot of good race reports on the website but fewer kit reports, I done one for OMM Jackets recently and the club members love of them that I’m sure will find its way to the front page soon. Anyhow, this is a kit report for the Salomon fellraiser trail shoe in blue for you fashion conscious people out there. 

The New Shoe

I got these back in November with a couple of short fell runs planned. One fell race was the roaches and the other was the Cardington Cracker. I had had trail shoes before but these were to be described as being a little more focused on the tougher slippery stuff such as rocks etc as well as tough slurpy mud.
The grippy soul
When they arrived in the post at a price of £69.95, my first thoughts were how nice they looked. The soles looked real grippy and the design was rather cute. I of course had to immediately put them on on what would be described as a test drive. Some shoes you just know are for you, they felt great they looked great and now they ran in great. They had the most grip on a pair of shoes ever and led me in comfort and confidence down hills and over rocks. I was most surprised at how light they felt on my feet but how much great cushioning they also provided me with. They also come with super quick draw laces and somewhere to hide them when they are done up to prevent you falling over them.

In total these shoes have gone through about 400 miles of off road running including about 4 marathons and an ultra and they still scrub up like new. I have added some softsole inners to them which help cope with my awkward gate but that’s something I tend to do to all my shoes. What they are good at is those runs that mix in everything from road to sand.
I would definitely be buying another pair as soon as Nikki allows me the finances to do so and I have worn these ones out which by the look of them  could be some time.


How mine normally look
Paul N