About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Monday 15 February 2016

Race Report: Alsager 5 07/02/2016

Well Alsager 5 what can I say.  It was a fast course and as it was full with over 1,000 entries the start was a nightmare. However, this year I found myself pushed towards the front and hemmed in by runners from both sides. 
I decided that my game plan was to get my legs out and wear shorts but I was too mesh so had to wear a t-shirt under my vest (a decision I later regretted). The gods were good to us as it was sunny and dry. I had told myself I would run as fast as I could and try and get under 44 minutes as I seemed to be stuck at that time for the last 3 to 4 years. 


I saw my competition on the line and as she had beaten me in a few races I decided I’d stick with her, however, my hubby’s words of wisdom rang in my ears and I decided to follow his advice (for a change) and pulled away and stayed in front. I felt strong throughout the race.  I always find that last mile of this race to be the longest mile ever and today was no exception. As I came up the finishing straight I was chuffed that my watched showed I’d gotten under the 44 (just).  It was fab to see so many Striders support this local race and also great that Martin came along to support us all.  All in all a great wee race.

For more information, visit the Alsager 5 website. Many more race photographs are available on Bryan Dale's website.

Liz